"Four Days In German Cell'; OOU #RevolutionNow Protester Narrates Ordeal In Police Custody - Salone Focus News


Thursday 3 October 2019

"Four Days In German Cell'; OOU #RevolutionNow Protester Narrates Ordeal In Police Custody





By Oluwatola Oluwaluyi 

As they say, 'Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you', and no story is ever complete without hearing from the horse's mouth.

As earlier reported, four students of Olabisi Onabanjo University on the 5th of August 2019 were arrested in Abeokuta for joining the #Revolution Now protest.
In furthering the course, it was gathered that these students were finally released from Eleweeran detention on their fourth day in the cell, Thursday 8th August 2019 alongside other Students protesters from neighbouring institutions.

Following the release of these student, Alawode Afolabi; one of the released protesters who had seen and gone through much  resolved to narrating his experiences and ordeal on his Facebook timeline.

"Upon our detention on Monday, August 5, the DC of CID, Eleweran ordered that a cell should be cleared for us. So, for the first two nights, we slept in a big well-tiled cell. We were just 20. But one of us who was picked up for recording the arrest had been released on Tuesday night" due to his connections.

He explained that immediately they were taken, they were denied access to their phones and therefore had to resort to buying a newspaper in order to gain awareness of whatever was going on however a 'mini protest' erupted at the sight of "Jiti Ogunye's comment on the arrested protesters".

Afolabi explained  how they were periodically scattered and moved from one one cell to another amidst several beatings; "I heard it 'German cell'. The ventilation was very poor. There was just a little opening.

Meanwhile, Micheal faced the Police Officer and told him he wasn't going to enter the cell. The officer hit Micheal with a padlock and my friend rushed inside. I would later hear that he was beaten by the inmates of cell 2"

"He, the Police Officer returned and told us to follow him, I raised my voice and told him I wasn't going to leave. He left, came with a stick and I had no option to obey. King General Schimar, Yinka, Hoyefhade Holuwhaseun, Adetunji Fisayo Functionist and I were taken to Cell 4. Cell 4 of Eleweran is being regarded as the number one cell. When he opened the door, I peeped inside, however, my face was welcomed with slaps. I found myself inside and before I knew what was going on, the inmates of cell 4 started beating me.

"I ran to a corner, but unfortunately, the beating didn't stop. I noticed hands inside my pocket. Unfortunately for me, I was not with any money, which got them more furious. For about 150 seconds, I was being pummeled by these merciless guys"

"The Police officers didn't touch me at all. I never felt I was in a cell until this time" he said.

Amidst their transfer from one cell to another, they had to do all sort of things including performing in songs in order to please the Inmates and inmates leader who was referred to as '001', he further narrated.

Their release finally came when they were visited for the first time by 'Sire Adesina Serubawon and Festus Ogun' who addressed, fed and assured they will be bailed the next day.

"Serubawon told us to submit the contacts of our parents or guardian. He told us we would be bailed tomorrow and that he would pass the night at Abeokuta! Sir Serubawon, before leaving with his revolutionary fist 'solidarized' with us. We were taken back to our various cells". He explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment


offeroffer
Do You Love The Current Design Of This Blog? We Can Set Up Same Design For You At An Affordable Price.

Click Here Now To Get Started!


HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | PRIVACY POLICY
REPORT ABUSE

Copyright © 2019. Powered by Salone Focus.