Konimaka Paramount Chief In Trouble For Alleged Embezzlement, Land Grabbing - Salone Focus News


Monday 16 September 2019

Konimaka Paramount Chief In Trouble For Alleged Embezzlement, Land Grabbing





A Paramount Chief (PC), Kandeh Kabba Saidu of Contehya Village in Konimaka Chiefdom, Kambia district, Northern Sierra Leone have been accused of mismanaging the chiefdom’s resources and unlawfully confiscating villager's lands.

Several members of the community who spoke to Salone Times last Thursday September 12, 2019 accused the paramount chief of mismanaging the chiefdom’s revenue that was meant for the development of the chiefdom.

A resident, Alie Kamara who spoke to Salone Times said that since Saidu was elected as Paramount Chief, he has not implemented any development project in the Chiefdom. He further accused him of unlawfully taking some of the lands belonging to members of the Chiefdom.

"Few years ago the PC took away my farm land which was a source of livelihood for my family.

“I am a very poor man with two wives and seven children. I have no other source of income besides my farm land. I survive through farming, but now I have no source of revenue to take care of my family because the chief has dispossessed me of my farm land.”, Kamara stressed.

Another resident, Isata Sesay narrated the suffering many of the residents have faced in the hands of the paramount chief.

“The chiefdom and indigenes have not benefited anything from loggers the dealers,” she said, adding that the loggers are destroying their little forest and the roads.

According to Sesay, the Chief had allegedly used the chiefdom’s revenue from timber loggers to enrich himself and his family with no good school, good health center or pure water facility to show forth in the Chiefdom.

Although, a formal complaint has been lodged against the Paramount Chief to the Ministry of Local Government, Kamara said no action had been taken against the chief.

However, reacting to the allegations, Paramount Chief Saidu denied any wrongdoing describing the accusations as 'baseless and unfounded'

“All the accusations pointing at me are just mere allegations. I have never misuse any resources from my Chiefdom. I like my chiefdom and my people, I can do anything to develop my chiefdom and to see them happy,” the Paramount Chief said.

No comments:

Post a Comment


offeroffer
Do You Love The Current Design Of This Blog? We Can Set Up Same Design For You At An Affordable Price.

Click Here Now To Get Started!


HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | PRIVACY POLICY
REPORT ABUSE

Copyright © 2019. Powered by Salone Focus.